Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hippos are dancing on my brain - Sung to the tune of Raindrops keep falling on my head

So the pertinent question to ask would be - Why the hell are you not in bed? or Why are you even looking at the computer screen typing away?

I guess because being a sucker for pain, or the extended version thereof, I felt like I should capture the moment. There is nothing like pain to accentuate the gravity or memory of the situation. Once the pain is gone, most association with said situation is in most probability, also gone. I'm not sure about you, but it works this way for me at least.

Since IRN-BRU is banned in Germany (only God knows why) and I have a distaste for Red Bull, I've resorted to munching down sugar loaded bombs called Quarkinis as shown in this here bag.



Of course the irony is that for such a conservationist ie. Green country like Germany, they totally overdo it with the paper usage. One large paper sheet for 5 small sugar bombs. Of course, with my horrible knowledge of tree to paper conversion ratio, I assume this equals to 1 dead small tree / sapling / treant / whatever turns you on.

Here's a comparison from 2 different bakers. The contents are the same. 5 weight inducing, calorie-laden sugar bombs. But one costs 50 euro cents more than the other. Just payment to kill a tree, lots more useless paper, and some cubic centimeters of breathing air.



Oh, and the mess you see behind the bags? That's my desk at work. ^^

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

It's weird how the brain can function when it's so tired! So of my good essayes were writing when I was tired, but that usually what happen at university

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home