Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My First Movie Review


I've decided to do a review of movies I've seen in the cinemas just based on my own point of view.

First up, the Break-Up. No, the bad pun wasn't intended.

I watched this a few days ago with wifey in Munich when it was pouring cows and pigs and whatnot outside when the weather service predicted sunshine and 24 deg celsius temperatures. Well, at least there's one constant. The weather guy always is wrong no matter where you are in the world. Unless you're at the equator, then it's all sun, flash floods and more sun.

This is a great film, as a single, but much more so as a couple. Of course, some of the jokes might hit home as the actors do their thing. My favourite parts of the movie aren't Vaughn or Aniston per se. First, it's the Irish buddy of Vaughn's. Absolutely crazy. Sane one moment, insane pretty much the rest of the time, he's the comic of the film, methinks. Second, the wannabe singers of Aniston's screen family. They are worth a hoot, the so-called "Tone Rangers". More like Tone-deaf. ><

A nice heartwarming film at the end and it makes you think about relationships with all their hiccups. Sadistic in some ways yet fully satisfying at the end. You'll see some of the schticks and laugh, yet feel a little guilty inside when laughing. At least I know I did.

Heh, I'll even give it a Moo-Meter of my own. (Henceforth all movies I see and review will be subject to the MOO-METER *Huge Fanfare*) And you think you escaped all the cow-stuff in WoW. ^^

Moo-meter rating : 8/10.

Here's some links for you in case you want to know more about the film.

The Official Movie Site
The IMDB Site

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moo meter hehe :)

here is a Moo game for you http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=4095

2:45 AM  
Blogger Dippers said...

Yeah I figured I'd do something that was like me. ^^

Cheers for the game. it's ebil ><

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home