Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Munich


I've applied for an account at Flickr. Now I'm trying to see how I can link my account there to this blog. Trying because it doesn't seem to be working. I think it's more economical to just link pictures to where they should be and not just dump it all here.

Right, Munich. Better not go for any more bunny trails. I have a bad habit of doing that.

We started off and reached Munich Airport pretty quickly. No jams, delays, etc. I saw this interesting advertisement here and decided to take a shot of it. Who knows? Maybe it might come in handy someday. Strange looking at it up close though. I thought it was always for an advertisement to eat eco-based vegetables insteaod of GM (Genetically Modified) ones. Blur me. Wifey had to tell me to look at the advertisement again.

The hotel was great. Free accommodation as a gift by wifey's sister and her boyfriend as a honeymoon present. We decided to put this little guy to liven up the table some.

They even put some nice roses on the bed and a fruit assortment to welcome us.

It was nice getting back to a place we knew pretty well and liked in the time that we were there and when you have a nice wifey it makes it all the better :D. I'll post a pic of wifey later.

Marienplatz was the same. You can see some pics here, here, and here. Due to some heavy rain, we had to shelter in the Tourist office there. Which was good because we managed to get the schedule for english movies. I absolutely refuse to see dubbed movies. The dubbing spoils the atmosphere and humour of the original language. I mean, who wants to listen to Brad Pitt talk with a voice that sounds like he ingested helium and then spat it out through his butt? Actually, that doesn't sound so bad at all.

Dinner was a long awaiting Fish and Chips. Actually it was Lunch. But I missed it so much I ate my portion and most of wifey's portion. Glutton you say, deprived I say. The northern Germans can't make fish and chips the way it should be made. At least I haven't went into any pubs here where they have yet. A pity really, since it's great if prepared well. Moist batter and tender meat. Yummeh!

Anyhow, I'm getting hungry writing this blog, so I'm going to scrounge up some food.

Will update more later. Kudos for taking the time to read this long, long post. By my own standards anyway. I never liked soliloquies.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, for sure this is my "AT" partner you all can see on the pic.
Hehe see you Chris.
Tence.

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Quote*

"We decided to put this little guy to liven up the table some."

He sure did. :-)
It's fun to see what you are doing now Darl.

love

NĂ¡gash

1:40 AM  
Blogger Dippers said...

LoL Tence. >< This is a Brown Bear. Your AT Partner is a *grey* bear.

You'll see pics of him soon. :D

PS - good to see you're still around.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Dippers said...

Yups Nagash. Something constructive ^^.

And it helps me be creative too, which is great.

I get to use my digital camera - at the least and think up new posts :D.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home