Sunday, June 01, 2008

Overthinking and Doing

I think too much. I think that I should do more and think less about what may happen or what may be. It's all in the future, so it is not here in the present yet. The only thing that is 100% sure is the present. If I do not do now, then the after effects will not be in the future. But I will be thinking in the future then, if I had not done, about why I did not do it then in the past.

Confusing? A little maybe. Newton stated cause and effect. It's the same. I'll be chained to an eventual stream of why didn't I, fearing of the unknown, rather than facing it, and having a definite answer. Maybe it might not turn out well. But how will I know for sure until I've done it?

I sometimes sit at my desk, thinking, maybe daydreaming about what might be or what could have been. I sit staring at my edit tables wondering how the finished product will turn out rather than putting more effort into the finished product. I sit staring, thinking of whether to go to bed now or later. But then I figure out every morning, that I still need 8 hours of sleep irrespective of whether I've gone to bed at midnight or 8am the next morning. My body tells me, "I need 8 hours whether you like it or not". So in such cases, instead of thinking and dreaming my life away, I'll just get up and do it. Because once it's done, it's done. And then it's time to move on to the next step, whatever it may be.

So until the future comes about, the only time for certain is the here and now. And now is the time for doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home