Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Last Dance

If you've heard the track of the same name by Sarah Mclachlan on her "Surfacing" album, it's beautiful. The piano notes fade into the background, almost ethereal as the tune itself. Much like today.

Today was the last dancing lesson for wifey and myself. A little sad, a little melancholic, but still, the most fun I've had in dancing lesson for a while because it was more of me deciding to do it no holds barred - ie. screw the instructions and just have fun. And fun we had. No regrets. Afterwards we had a little chat with the lady who owned the school about why we didn't want to continue there. Nothing bad, just letting her know life goes on and we had to move on along with it. We tried to glide out gracefully and I hope it worked.

It was hard to imagine because I was cracking up everytime we danced the tango. No, let me rephrase that. We were *trying* to dance the tango but it got interrupted all the time because I couldn't stop laughing. Pictures of cheesy films where the lead actor and actresses crossed my mind then and didn't want to escape. I blame them for my bouts of insane laughter. Nonetheless, the best dance was still fooling around with the salsa in tune with Shakira's "Hips don't Lie" - I love that track. Kudos to Sissel for sending it to me via msn. ^^

I've got another film to write up about tomorrow, but that can wait. Right now, all I'm doing is enjoying my little pack of instant noodles - spicy chicken flavour - with crab sticks - albeit made out of fish but flavoured to taste like crab for all those not in the know - and it's good. Feel the burn as the chilli spices go down your throat. Now that's living. And suffering as you cough till your eyes tear up. I don't know why we put up with the chilli high, but I guess it's all part of the trip. Who needs drugs when you got spicy food?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home