Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's 2am and I'm plastered

I just figured that yesterday was Sep 11. A day known for all the wrong reasons, which set me thinking about many aspects of my life. For the last couple of years, fears of many issues have stopped me from moving on to where I should have been. But somehow, I've slowly started facing those fears and beating them down with a defeathered chicken drumstick. It's amazing how scared fears are of drumsticks. Especially raw and bloody ones still connected to the chicken.

Sometimes I'm afraid I won't make it. Sometimes, I'm afraid I'm on the wrong path. Sometimes, I'm afraid that I'm just a statistic, a number in a merciless system. Sometimes, I'm afraid I'll go this one time, at band camp.....

They say pain is bad. They also say pain is good because it means you're still alive. I say pain is best served cold with a hint of lemongrass. That'll be my mantra for today.

Still, there's nothing like getting encouragement from a timeless source when I need it most. Isaiah 43 is a great chapter to my heart to keep on believing for great things to happen to me. Positive reinforcement never hurts. Sometimes in the world, you meet people who hit other people down to make themselves seem larger than they really are. Sometimes, you might live with those people and it's no fun. I figure, after some analysis, that they do what they do because they themselves don't seem so big, and so, use intimidation as a self-defence mechanism to knock the wind out of you before you see the truth.

Order and chaos must coexist because they need and thrive on one another. You cannot find one without a semblence of the other somewhere.

I'm babbling today because it's National Babbling Day, and it's 2am in the morning when I should be in my bed dreaming of my favourite Hainanese Chicken Rice.

NB - Dead fly meter --------> 28
Shoutout to Kai Siang for reminding me. Blur me, forgot about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home