Saturday, December 02, 2006

Chrismassy Times

I woke up at 12pm today. An amazing feat considering the circumstances. Don't know why. Head was groggy. I had some wierd R.E.M dream which I can't recall anymore. I woke up, the door opened, and wifey walked in. Perfect timing since she said she was going to wake me up to sign some document. Of course I could have signed anything at that point, blur and confused as I was. Tip - if you want to get your significant sign divorce papers giving you all the assets and whatnot - do it in the morning when he's totally blur and make sure the letter is in a foreign language. That always works, since our brains don't really like to function after only a few hours of sleep. I never knew sleep was so important until I tried doing my maths homework with barely minimal sleep. As you'd expect, the result was not good.

Christmas Market in Bonn. Lots of lights, lots of people, lots of the same old things on display. I think the only things that really interest me at Christmas markets are the food. I got myself a HUGE fish sandwich and a dvd of Akira Kurosawa's RAN (luan - 4th tone in chinese) to look at in the interests of different film styles for my studies next month/year. Not too bad a buy at 8 euros. Then after wards, a mint flavoured mocha latte from Starbucks as a little treat to myself - and to help me stay awake. And now, back home to the computer, and to my room warm room. ^^

I've been listening heavily to Matt Redman's track "Call to Worship" - more good stuff.

Artist: Matt Redman
Song: Call to worship
Album: Where Angels Fear To Tread

We come to your mountain
The hill of the Lord we would ascend
And journey into your holy place
To feast in your presence
And bring our devotions to you, God
We come as a kingdom of your priests

We're climbing up the mountain of the Lord
Towards your holy place
And every step is praise
Encountering the glory of your name
Your throne of holiness
The wonders of your grace

Come, come let us worship
Come let us recognize what a sacred thing we do
Come, let us bow down
God, as we bring our hearts
Let them please the heart of you

We enter your sanctuary
To minister at your holy throne
Where thousands of angels joyfully sing

Lyrics gotten from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home