Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Haunted House

Yesterday we went around to Rob's place in Dulwich to shoot his 8 week project at an abandoned derelict building near his place. In theory it was a good idea, since I guess he figured that the best place to shoot a thriller/spook - themed film was in a place that *was* dark, foreboding, and scary. Hell, the place already looks scary in the day, much more at night. I'd had shots of the place if I was attentive enough to bring my camera along but no...so you'll have to make do with pictures of Rob for now. I should be able to get some pics off some of my other course mates later and stick them up here. Just imagine a place which has no roof, walls about to fall down, smells slightly of piss, strewn with discarded needles - something's wrong with this sentence structure but I can't be arsed to sort it right now, however constructive suggestions are welcome, old, rusted beer cans, and Director Wes Craven spray painted on the walls in blood-red paint and you should have some idea of what we were into over there. But without much further ado, here's Rob.



The gist of the film was a guy who's run into the house but has flashbacks of someone killing his wife. He's in the house to facilitate some heroin exchange - how's that for management speak? Facilitate, lol - but amid the said flashbacks, he sees, or he thinks he sees the ghost of his dead wife calling out to him. We have to note that the main character doesn't realize that he's done the dirty deed but it's thought by him to be someone else. Anyhow, it all ends with some delusion ala Identity the movie and with lots of blood and gore.

I thought it was really imaginative, and I'm quite sure I wouldn't have thought of a film like that. I'm more into touchy-feeley films at the moment. But it's good to be working with a diverse group of people, because I've picked up so many things from them already. Oh, and Dulwich sucks hell for mobile phone connections. I swear it's a mobile phone black hole where coverage is concerned. My phone was perpetually on the 'search' mode all the time for a proper connection.

Tomorrow we're going to shoot Johnny's film about a guy with an automobile fixation - it promises to be really good and funny.

To all others out there, happy chinese new year of the Oink!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home