Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Shopping = Pain

Christmas shopping a week before Christmas. Throngs of people desperately trying to get a gift. What probably started as "I'll get this Nintendo Wii for Mike or Barbie doll for Cheryl" has probably turned into desperation shopping as items are being sold out. When shops decide to add into the desperation factor by offering sales on already discounted products, it just adds to the mix to form a heady, chaotic mess that I was invariably stuck in. Someone with absolutely almost no clue on what to get wifey.

In the end, I decided to think it over some food. One can't shop on an empty tummy, it's not good for health, and it's not good for morale. Everyone should shop on at least a half-filled tummy.

Starting at 10am till 4pm, I finally found some things I wanted to get her. Some things that I "might" get her and some things I definitely wouldn't get her. So for those things that I was unsure about to get her, I'll go back tomorrow. Into the massing throngs of people, to check one last time before buying the items. Sigh, christmas shopping. I really have to follow on my own advice. If I have an idea on what to get wifey, just keep some for Christmas, otherwise I end up out of gift ideas if I buy them on the spot.

As a little gift to myself, I got some DVDs, a DVD burner and some DVD-R discs to bring my music collection with me to the UK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home