Friday, November 07, 2008

My Loft

I'm staring out the skylight window of the loft my room is in right out into the open night sky. Nothing much else but darkness and a smattering of stars across the night sky stare back at me. I've always wanted to sleep and be in a loft-apartment ever since I experienced being in one during my university days in the UK.

It's got a strange feel to it. I dare say, maybe even a strange freedom to open the window up top, and gaze out not just at the surroundings, but the sky as well. I feel like I don't have a ceiling that constrains me, my dreams and goals, but that given the right time, right place and right situation, could go all the way up to outer space.

I guess loft apartments are for dreamers. And I love them.

Now that I'm house-hunting, I guess I'll make sure that the place definitely has on the top list - a great loft - so that I can just park myself and decorate my little cave with all the techno-gadgets till it's just right.

A flat-screen TV there, an Xbox 360 here, wifi hub around the corner, and various other doodads which fill up my life. But best of all, lying on my mattress at night, looking up at the starlit sky before falling off to blissful sleep.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home