Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lazy me

I'm kind of getting lazy blogging. There's so much to do, that blogging just takes a back seat to it all. Since starting my latest project - the film company, I've just spent some time thinking and doing - trying to find ways and means to sell, reach out to my target market(s), and assorted other activities that come along with running one's own business. Read - accounting.

I hate accounting. I was never fond of numbers - and still am not fond of numbers. Of course rattling off numbers from the top of my head isn't hard, since we were drilled the multiplication and division tables as kids when we were in school. Robots we were taught to be, and maybe robots, we've become. It's sad when the world forces us to change, rather than the other way round. As far as I'm concerned, when I have kids, they are probably in all certainty not going to study in Singapore. The education system is too rigid, and frankly, there's much better quality of life in terms of childhood over here in Europe.

Here, kids can play, and be themselves and find out what it is they are good at and what not. Instead of being pigeonholed into certain "key" professions. Sure, as society progresses, it goes up the pyramid of important professions. I'm not kicking standard stuff like being a doctor, engineer, business person, etc. We need people like that, otherwise how will society function? But I would really like to see more acceptance of people who've chosen to go into a more "alternative" career choice, like myself. We were all made differently, with different sets of skills, and only when we come together are we all able to appreciate the fullness and richness that comes from diversity.

Why am I talking about this? Frankly, I really don't know. Call it a simple literary flow. I write, nay, type - writing has now been superseded by typing since the advent of the computer. And I just try to let what's inside out.

A paragraph a day, might keep the doctor away. :D

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home