Saturday, August 08, 2009

Resilience

To not give in, to continue despite setbacks. I don't know why I write, or the purpose thereof but I'm going to keep on going if only to hopefully find the goal at the end.

Sometimes I think we do somethings without knowing why we do them. That in each of our minds, there lies a psyche that cannot be untangled except by small steps forward and then backwards, like a dance.

Of course the steps are unordered, and perhaps the steps without rhythm, but the important thing is that there is movement. Where there is movement, there is life. There might not be harmony, but there is life. There is the intention of being better, of hoping that everything will turn out better.

I threw some water onto a pack of beans I kept in my can for a year or so. And the next day, they began sprouting shoots. If a seed has the potential to grow when the conditions are right for it, when will I find the conditions that are right for me? What do I need in order for me to get past the initial beginning phase?

I don't know, and sometimes, I wonder if it all has to do with the right timing and situation? Practice is the key, but there must also be the opportunity to practice. And for this, the price must be right. It doesn't have to be commensurate with the work involved yet, but the key is to gain practice, and indirectly, exposure to the work required.

And to stay the course, I need to be resilient, no matter the situation, no matter how down I might be feeling. There will always be a way, as long as I don't give up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home