Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yellow means .....

Yellow. The colour to denote happiness, liveliness, and activity. However in today's case, it denotes a somewhat horrible lack of communication. Some of you might recognize this as normal everyday work though. All this correspondence is going over email in case it's mistaken for a conversation.


So in true film fashion, it would be Ready, Roll, Action!

Customer : I would like the items to be in ABC 100 yellow shade. Can you do it?

Me : Sure. Let me check.

Manager : I'm not sure. We have the same colour code, but it might not be the right colour shade. I need a picture.

Me (to Customer) : I'll need a graphic file of the item. It's to make sure we have it correctly done.

Customer : *Sends the file over*

Me : Sends file over to manager.

Manager : No, we're still not sure. The light on the picture, the pixels on the monitor, the camera used and the angle the item is shot at is not right. We might make a mistake. Ask for a sample to be posted to us.

Me : I don't understand. ABC 100 Yellow is AbC 100 Yellow. What's the difference if it's an international code that's supposed to be conformed to by paint makers?

Manager : They have different ways of mixing the paint.

Me : ....... Speechless.

Me (to Customer) : I'm sorry but in order to be 100% sure we need to have a sample spray painted over to us. We want to be accurate.

Customer : What's the point of having the code if you don't use it? Use the code. I've got better things to do than discuss over a certified international paint code.

At this point I expect the customer to be either :

a) Swearing away at useless time spent over a useless issue

b) Laughing so hard at our incompetence but still keeping the order because he hasn't had a good laugh for so long

c) Wondering what went through his head when he gave us the order

d) All of the above

Option D would have been my guess. There might be more options so add them if you want to. As for me, yellow just means total and utter confusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home