Monday, September 04, 2006

2 Left feet

We had another dancing lesson today, and I swear for the life of me, why I put up with this pain every week. We switched dance instructors and now the owner of the place is teaching our group. Unfortunately she seems to have delusions about my dancing ability. Read - in short, I suck real bad. Well, I just think that she should just let us dance and be happy, and learn the basic steps plus addendums, and not teach us different styles every 5 minutes.

I preferred the old instructor who taught us step by step. This new one just jumps around like a butterfly. I know I'm scatterbrained sometimes, but she's bad. What's the point of explaining everything only to not use it in the dance? It totally got me confused if nothing else. I'm not paying money for this haphazard teaching. Even if it's by the boss herself.

Granted, it's a dance course and it's supposed to teach me different dances. But there's no way I'm going to learn new things in just 5 minutes especially since my feet don't want to agree with the music (Wifey calls them "Hobbit feet" but that's another story).

I know I'm not a great dancer but I realized why I dislike ballroom dancing so much. It's because you're expected to get every step right. If either you or your partner screws up, the dance becomes a mess for both of you real quick. Then there are the complicated figures to add onto the pain. I still prefer the ceilidh - scottish dancing - because it's all about having fun. Who cares if you mess up, it's all for the fun of it. And somewhere along the way in the lesson, I've lost the fun factor.

A little more thinking later, along with the addition of my fine friend here who helped me forget the pain. Yummy isn't he? My stomach didn't disagree. Whopper texas style always hits the spot. ^^


Whopper : Save me!!! Save me from my horrible *CHOMP CHOMP* ARGHHHHH
Whopper : Death....

I would have taken a better pic, but he's in my belly now so you've got to make do with what you've got here. Anyhow, I realize that I enjoy dancing when there's a good track on rather than just any track with just beats. I want to dance to have fun and not to complete a complicated technical maneuver. Granted, some people like complicated stuff, but that just isn't me. Not for dancing, at least.

Oh, and for the record, the fly meter is still stuck at zero. >_<
However, the spider meter has climbed to 3. No one touches my whopper and lives. Absolutely no one. It's *my* whopper. :D

Post done listening Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance and the cantonese version of YMCA! Yes there *is* such a track and it's funny whether you understand cantonese or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home