Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Flight Back

On the flight back, I saw a couple of movies. I mean, for something lasting around 13 hours, it's enough time for around 7 standard length movies if you should choose not to sleep. However, being the sleepyhead that I am and love to be, I tend to put sleep at a premium - not a bad thing when the plane is only half full, or half empty for the purists of definition out there.

Some movies seen were The devil wears Prada - a very very good film with Meryl Streep being totally EBIL, and Anne Hathaway - I think she looks great in the dresses, but then again, the dresses here, the fashion accessories...... especially the boots!!! are great. Don't ask me why, but a woman in a good set of boots always attracts me. Bad thing in the tropics is that most women don't wear them - not that I can blame them considering the humidity, and fungus loves leather in that climate. Watch Anne get glammed up in this movie, but for me, the showstealer is Stanley Tucci...... he's just great. I think he's got the best one liners in the show. I'd recommend this as a must-see if only for the nice feel-good factor in the end and for the clothes. 8/10, 9/10, it comes close. :D

Another one was Cars from Pixar. Not too bad, seeing that they've stuck to a tried and tested formula, but while this is ok, it's nowhere near Finding Nemo. I still think Nemo is up there among some of the best movies made, not just in terms of acting/voicing, but also in the area of character/fish/shellfish/sealife/dinner table food development. I'd throw this out as 6/10 in my book.

Finally, I saw Poseidon. I've never seen the original, mind you, but frankly, this movie felt like a letdown if only for one main factor. That damn irritating kid. If you thought Anakin and Jarjar were bad, this kid beats them almost hands down by himself. Any self respecting person, if caught in that sort of situation would just let the stupid kid die. Hell, I would. I mean, it is cliche probably, but everytime there's a need to have an emergency, or to move the plot along, or to give some sort of urgency, the kid conveniently disappears/gets trapped/gets stuck on a piano/is too scared to move/has a perpetual botox-ed blur "is this shite happening to me" kinda look on his face/Add your own description here, etc. Hell, that kid just deserves to go down with the ship. Let me put it another way, the entire cast couldn't save the movie thanks to the kid they put in there. Total yucks. This could almost be worse than Alien vs. Predator. Almost since, the only nice spot I found in the movie was when Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas got onstage to sing during the beginning portions. Now that was good. Too bad it lasted only like 3 mins tops. :(

Overall I'd give it 2/10. Next time, kill the kid. Make it a gruesome death. The worse the better. ^^

Ok, now back to wedding planning dum de dummmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home