Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Seeing Green

I do apologize again for the lack of updates but applying for certain official documents are a pain in the ass especially when the organization in question does not properly specify the documents in question.

Anyhow, usually seeing green is a sign of envy which does not translate well for most people. However, bear in mind that this post was supposed to have taken place last Thursday. Yes, it's been that long since I updated the blog. I guess it comes with the territory of trying to juggle meeting friends, sorting out one's life and maintaining a regular - now, not-so-regular blog updates - and working through my list of foods. So, back to the topic, last Thursday I decided to go green. I'm not the most environmentally friendly guy, so don't get your hopes up on that point. What I mean is, that I got to eat nice yummy GREEN pandan cake, and drink a nice yummy GREEN tea frap from Starbuck's. Oh, and I got myself a little pack of muah chee as well. Don't know how to translate muah chee into english, so muah chee will have to do. Here's some pics after church on Thursday at Suntec City.

Pandan Cake time!!! I finished almost 2 by myself :D

Starbucks Green Tea Frap - Why the heck does Europe not have this flavour???


For those that want to know more about Muah Chee, it's basically a dough made from glutinous rice flour that's kept warm in a pan and rolled in ground peanut and sugar and preferably taken warm to get the most out of the taste. Wifey liked it mainly because of the peanuts. I like it because of the inherent squishyness of the rice flour. The peanuts are just an added bonus.

Today - Oct 11 - we went shopping at Far East Shopping Center and saw a shop called named "THE GIVE SHOP". I didn't want to take a piccy because I figured the owner might come out and harangue me but the name did intrigue me. So do they give you free bags and products? (Their main trade seems to be bags) It wouldn't be a bad deal for me if that's the case. You can find them at the basement level.

Oh, and check out Phuture London around Scotts shopping center I think, the prices are around Mango / Zara standards but the fashion is really good with nice fabrics, cuts and colours. I got wifey a cute dark brown mini skirt. I'll see if I can get a pic of it in the near future and transfer it over to the blog.

Ok, time to get ready for bed and go again to the British Embassy for the visa application. I hope it goes smoother this time round.

Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home