Monday, October 22, 2007

In the Beginning...

it takes a damn long time to actually get started. Being lethargic in the beginning phases of any project is one of my strong suits and oh how I hate it with a vengeance. I swear, sometimes, hell would have cooled over before I even get started on anything. But once started, then it chugs along fine.

Until the first obstacle. Then I ask myself the same age-old question.

Why didn't I start on this earlier and saved myself some precious time?

Time, being the commodity that I tend to underrate and yet so important. I guess lots of people do that as well, but the impact of the significance of others tends to pale in comparison in how it affects me. Self-centered, self-conscious? Maybe. Probably with a higher sense of self-preservation in such cases.

Installing something that has a size of 55 gigs onto a laptop which holds around 70 gigs spare space outside of the OS and other essential software is a painful task. I totally underestimated how little space my laptop had - 23 gigs - which meant that a huge, HUGE spring cleaning was in order.

To that I say - thank God for flash drives.

Hopefully, I'll see the end soon enough.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home