Monday, June 04, 2007

Target Acquired - Locked Down

The results came out last Friday, and somehow amazingly, my pitch for the 35mm advertisement got accept. Whoo hoo! That's a major miracle for me considering I think most of my fellow classmates are more creative and talented than me. So maybe I just have to try that much harder. Nonetheless, I will not deny that God is good. In fact, it's probably the grace factor that carried me through. Now I'm just focussed on getting the props for the ad and running it through my mind. Shot by shot. An irony, considering it is a one-shot commercial.

Why one-shot? Maybe because to me, a commercial is a hit or miss thing. You can have lots of pretty pictures but if it doesn't hit the main goal of the product dead on to the audience, it's just a waste of money and time. Still, it put some of the marketing stuff I learnt from university to good use.

This week we've got nothing but 35mm workshops with the Panavision cameras. I got to get a pic of me with those babies. The day I actually get to shoot on one of those cameras, I'll be so happy. :) Rob's going to be my DP (director of photography) and he's psyched up about it. The class calls my ad the one-shot ad but hey, at least I get to shoot it. And I'm thankful for that, even if it is one-shot. It's better than nothing, and I get to put it on my showreel.

This year I'm learning just to be thankful for the small things. For whatever situation I've been placed in, good or bad, I'm learning lots just in gritting my teeth and going through the journey even though in my guts I'm scared. Inside I'm shaking, but at the end, it's trust that God is faithful to those that trust in Him and so far He hasn't let me down yet this whole year.



PS - New Hillsongs Album - Above All is wicked sick. This is one of my fave tracks 'Hosanna'

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home