Thursday, June 14, 2007

The End of All Things

Today's probably the first day we've got free. In theory we're supposed to be using it for 'pre-production' but in practice most of us are probably going to chill out tonight. I've been poring over my script and trying to make it better and more like a script than a school composition - yes, maybe some of you might remember those dreaded monstrosities. So I find myself spending more and more time in Waterstone's and Borders just reading over screenplays and MARVEL graphic novels.

We had our casting session yesterday and it was an unmitigated disaster since not many actors and actresses actually even bothered to turn up. This makes casting people in our movies a total pain because no actors = no movie. And all of us don't really want to act in each other's films anymore. We want to actually do what we are studying and that's direct.

I got my rushes for my Guinness Advertisement back yesterday so we rigged up the projector and watched it inbetween the breaks we had in the casting session. Here are some pictures of the ad after we finished all the shots.





And the rushes looked sooooo good. Man, shooting on 35mm is great. The quality is excellent and so much better than 16mm or digital. If I ever get the chance, I'm going to shoot 35mm whenever possible. It might not be for a few years, but frankly, the finished results are great.

As far as scriptwriting goes, I'm getting lots of inspiration from Lost in Translation. I've been watching the movie nonstop for the last few days and in particular certain chapters just for the music. It's haunting, evocative, mysterious and sensuous all at the same time. But one can't just keep clicking repeat chapter all the time every few minutes, so I went out to buy the music CD. So now, no excuses to writing a crap script. Just going to do my best to make the end better than the beginning.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home