Friday, August 25, 2006

Circular

Contol is good, they say. Control helps you know where you are going, who you are, and where you want to get to in life. But what happens when I lose control? I feel lost. Hopeless. Bereft of any guiding light. If you've seen Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - Dead Man's Chest you might identify with the spinning compass. Spinning, spinning, with no direction in sight. On the open sea, any direction would most probably lead to land. Except that I don't know where to begin my heading.

I've been sitting here trying to write a post, only to reedit and reedit and reedit it yet again. It just doesn't seem to come out right. Maybe it's writer's block. The more you try to force the issue, the more it runs away from you. So I'll write something else until that particular thought comes back to me.

I'm sitting on this chair
I'm sitting on this chair
I'm looking up to stare
And wonder why
I'm sitting on this chair

There you go. A horrible limerick. True north never was easy to find.

Now to scrounge up some dinner.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home