Friday, August 25, 2006

Gnome Down!


Yups, it's official. Pluto is out of the list. Gone. Zip. Kaput. Or is that Kaputt. Anyhow, it's no longer classified as a planetary object. If it was one in the first place, it's no longer one now according to some of the leading scientists. You can find the article here in CNN.

My take on this? Frankly, whether it is, sorry, was a planet or not didn't really matter. I mean, I've never been there, never seen the extraterrestrial wildlife, never been to the bars and pubs there, so, it's no beef with me. I'm sure we'll find out some other planet way out there soon enough.

Of course I hope that *if* there *are* aliens living there, they won't decide to do a "War of the Worlds" with us. Unless they take out Tom Cruise. And Katie Holmes. And George Bush. I can imagine the cheering by the earth's general populace already.

By the way, in case you're wondering why I likened Pluto to a gnome, it goes back to my WoW days. When a gnome died during a raid, it was considered good luck. We'd bet in game gold just to see which gnome died first. And as you know it, it lead to Mass Gnomicide as each gnome tried to prove he/she was the best at dying. Not pretty. But funny? Hell YEAH!!!

In other related news, Cosmonauts - the russian version of the american astronaut, the chinese taikonaut, what next? The Starbucks Frappenaut? - are going to golf off the international space station. Golf? Space Station? Space? Yups. You heard it right. My grasp of physics is pretty shoddy at best. I can't even remember Newton's 3 laws of motion. Or was it 4? Anyhow, you can catch the story here.

I've been doing a little thinking. The ISS (henceforth known as the International Space Station) is held in earth orbit. If I throw something towards earth from the space station, it should according to theory, just keep moving until it burns up in the atmosphere, or shit happening, cause a 50 megaton explosion that wipes out all life on Earth. Since space has no resistance, or minimal resistance at best, and Newton's law of Motion states that an object in motion will stay in motion until it meets a force equal to or greater than its own. Like Mr Fist, meet Mr Face. WHACK!
or Mr Knee, meet Mr Crotch. Read : End of anyone's family line. So I guess that the golf ball will eventually reach earth. On the off-chance that it kills everyone by not burning up properly in earth's atmosphere, remember : you heard it here first!

And finally. The Yellow tale reaches its conclusion. You can refer here for the backstory. Again, everything is by email.

Manager : I just got an email from the customer. He doesn't sound happy again. But we should send a sample just to be sure.

Me : ok I'll let him know. *wondering why oh why do they have international codes*

Customer : Sure, but address it to Mr Y. I'm off on holiday.

Me : *tells manager message*

Manager : Sorry too late. We sent it out already.

Me : -_-; >_< *hopeless sigh of resignation* So there you have it. A Dilbert day at work. I can't believe this goes on everywhere around the world, but Dilbert's popularity just proves it.

Everyone have a good day doing what you do tomorrow! :D


Note - This post is dedicated to all the dead gnomes of Beyond Avalon of EU-Balnazzar server. You know we <3 you. Now go solo Neffy. Muhahahaha. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home