Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I've got to learn how not to worry about tomorrow, or the day after......

Today was nothing but rain into the late evening. Dreary, cold, damp and an otherwise miserable atmosphere. I begin to understand how Mr Woodhouse of Jane Austen's Emma fared against his cold drafts. I figure in German they would translate his name as Herr Holthause. LOL. I'm going to have fun butchering that. :D

I was a little worried thinking about the money film school would be costing me, and I recalled a verse for me to "take no thought for tomorrow" and went to search for the verses concerning the parable. The passage is from Matthew 6, NKJV Version. NKJV = New King James Version

"24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;

29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’

32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

In short, don't worry, be happy. The less I interfere with my problems, the better it is for me. I know it sounds strange but that's how it works. But as long as it works, I'm not questioning how and why it works. As long as it works. And being happy is what I really want to be. :D

Wifey told me that they cancelled the air show yesterday due to the storm in the late afternoon, and also because lightning struck 20 or so people standing together in a group. Apparently they got struck while queuing up for food while the announcements were going on for people to get into shelfer because of the imminent storm. I don't know how it stands with them, but apparently no one has died yet. Serious and critical condition maybe, but not dead yet. I hope they don't do the same thing again once they get out of hospital. I really wouldn't like the thought of anyone trying to prove the lightning doesn't strike the same spot twice theory wrong. It's almost the same as jumping out of an airplane without a parachute and shouting "I defy the law of GRAVI----SPLAT!" It just doesn't work that way.

In fact, I wonder if they will implement thunderbolt death in the Sims series of games. I've starved, drowned, burnt and deprived my sims in almost every way possible, but lightning would be a good one. Weather simulation should be part of the package after all.

On the bright side, wifey told me to look at this rainbow from the kitchen window. I decided on the balcony so I could get a better camera shot, and got a bonus. 2 rainbows! I always like looking at them. They're simple, elegant and beautiful. A cheerful sight against the grey background.


It's a Twin Rainbow!

In the evening, we resumed our dancing session, which kind of left me aching all over but this just means I have to start exercising more. Amazing what sticking in front of the computer does to your body. But in this weather? Ugh. On the plus side, I learnt a little more how *not* to do a salsa. They were playing this track from Shakira for the salsa dance which I like lots. I've been recently hearing on the radio and seeing on MTV - the video, that is - but I can't seem to find the name of the track. It's got a very nice melody and rhythm. Good thing wifey puts up with my abysmal dancing. But as long as she's happy when we're dancing together, I don't mind. ^^


NB - Did this post while listening to Enigma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home