Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Grey Mists

Today was bleak. Technically, it's supposed to still be summer in Europe. After all, August is the prime holiday season, with the English, French, Italian, and Spanish among others officially closing shop and going off on their vacations. Germans flocking to Mallorca and Costa Del Sol, French to their Riviera and beaches, Italians likewise. But today was bleak, to repeat myself. Grey, cold, damp, and rainy. Weather in Europe this year has been a joke. From freezing cold to burning hot then back to cold all in a matter of days it's been wierd. I can't complain too much though, since the weather during the World Cup was excellent while it lasted, unlike England's pathetic showing. Good thing they kicked Sven at last. He was the most overpaid and useless thing around.

Usually I scribble my thoughts and what I would like to blog onto a scrap of paper to save myself the hassle of trying to remember every little detail. But in this case, I can't even read my own handwriting. So much for thinking ahead, so I'll just wing it.

I've been bored the whole day, trying to think of what to do. Clean my overgrown fish tank - usually I would take a picture, but this is so disgusting I'm censoring it for my own sake - nah, that can wait till another day. Procrastination for the win. ^^ You have to consider, there's nothing alive in there. And what was alive then is most probably dead now. Not convinced? I'll do some pics later. Ugh, I don't even want to turn the tank lights on. It's been in this condition for the last 3-4 months. No light, no pumps. Just dead plant matter. Yucks.

On the plus side, I found myself some Mcvities to eat. Don't know what they are? Then you've been seriously deprived of some of life's finest biscuits. I miss these chocolate covered cookies from home. In Germany, you'd be lucky if you can get any decent cookies or jaffa cakes. If you ever are missing English food in Germany, you can go to The English Shop in Köln AKA Cologne. It's one of my favourite shops. I go in hands empty, and exit with lots of bags of english food - an onymoron if I ever saw one. It's popular belief that the english can't cook. One that actually isn't really disputed by the english themselves. Go into any English supermarket and you'll see ready made food on the shelves waiting for people to purchase and go home to pop in their microwave. On the other hand, they're pretty damn good, especially the indian chicken dishes. :D

See here - Mcvities!

Tomorrow night we're going to test one of a couple restaurants we've picked out - actually, wifey picked them out. I'm just going to along to eat - to see which one we will pick (dammit >< I have to use pick twice in a sentence) for our wedding dinner in November. I can't believe I'm getting married for the 3rd time to the same woman. She can't believe it, my colleages at work can't believe it, and her colleagues neither. One good excuse is just to say, "oh, it's an asian tradition". But the stress, and the unneeded pressure, makes it just a headache sometimes. A headache that you know you have to face, that you can't just press the delete button and let it disappear.

I'll take some pictures of the dinner tomorrow and let you all have a look at the food. Nothing heavy for me though. I've decided to go on a little diet. I ate too much in Munich already. ^^

On the game front, I've pretty much stopped most of my gaming activities, but this has given me another problem. How do I allocate and use my time effectively? I know! Football Manager 2006. ^^ At least I can stop and start that game as and when I like, not like hardcore raiding when you absolutely have to be online at set times, and maybe even longer. While I miss my friends in game, I can't say I miss raiding all that much.

I've also been spending some time - not too much though - on Warcraft 3 : The Frozen Throne. I'm just playing that casually, mostly in 3 v 3 random games. I'm not a good player, but it's amazing the amount of new (read : Noob) players you get on your team. I've decided a no-complaint strategy works best here. If I see a noob and I have that sinking feeling that we'll lose anyhow, I'll just quit the game and look for another one. No point wasting 15 minutes on a loss. I might as well make better use of my time. Nothing against games where I play hard but lose. At least that's enjoyable. It's those where you know no matter what you do, the result is already decided against you. And that knowing feeling, is just bleak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home