Sunday, September 03, 2006

Schlemmerfilet or was it Backfishfilet? It's all fish to me.

This weekend has been pretty eventful at least, compared to my other weekends. I actually got some things done off my list which is pretty good comparatively.

First off, there was the weekend fair round the corner so I took some pics to commemmorate the first time that I've actually gone to one of these things. Last few times, I was took stuck in WoW. On hindsight, that was pretty bad, because I've been missing out on the nice fish filet in a bread dish. The fish was great. So great that I had to go again today to get a second portion before they closed up for the next year. I'm a huge fish fan and being in a country that just can't cook fish properly in their restaurants, I have to take the chance when I see it.

Here are a few pics of the fair and of course, my fish. I can't leave out the food. It's the most important part of fairs. Other people might go for the flea markets, the little quaint shops, but me, I just go for where it counts. ^^

Check the huge porpoise out!


For all you Spongebob Squarepants fans out there. I *still* don't see how a sponge can be cute though....


Finally, the key event of the fair! Properly fried fish! Mmmmmmmm :D


From the picture above, I think wifey had a pretty good time as well.

Secondly, I managed to finish up Lord of the Rings - The Third Age. Yes, I know it's been out for like 2 to 3 years already, but for that I've got to blame my Xbox. My previous Xbox crashed on me when I was like 80% through the game so I had to get a new Xbox and redo the game from scratch. When I tried to get through Microsoft Tech Support on the internet it was USELESS. The email did not work, there was a delayed reply, no working links. In short, total bullshit from the people at Microsoft. If there is an alternative system - and no, I refuse to go to Linux - I'll probably gladly hop onto it just to take my dig at Microsoft. Here's a pic I got of the final boss, the "Eye of Sauron".



It's not a bad game, but some parts were downright irritating, like the level ups. Otherwise, you get to use some of the characters in the movie. My personal favourite is using Aragorn when he's got his "Call of the Dead" spell to call the army of the dead to fight for him. Totally ebil. However, when compared to the Final Fantasy Genre of games, this one still has lots to do especially in terms of character development. Most of the time, the characters are very one dimensional, and there are a few plot lines that are not fully answered by the development team. Probably because they had to rush it for a deadline and could not complete everything in time. Deadlines and inept management - the 2 biggest reasons why many potentially promising games turn out totally sucky when released.

On the wedding front, we booked the hotel today and it's starting to look good. Now to just grab the pastor and we're pretty much set. Only snag is the pastor. There's an church homepage, there's an email address. But somehow there's no one able to answer any emails. Sigh, back to the old telephone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home