Saturday, September 02, 2006

Coalescence

Slowly, every disparate part of life is coming together. Almost like a sweet mildew potpourri of loose ends ending into one fragrant scent.

We checked out the restaurant for the wedding and we liked it. There's enough seating, a choice of buffet or served dishes, a place for dancing, and it's part of a hotel so guests can even stay there. That's good to know. They were nice enough to pass us the prices so we could estimate the costs. But what was the best was that they had planned the place for a wedding already as there was going to be one that very night. We didn't expect it, but it was a very welcome surprise as this meant that we would see first hand the preparations done. Everyone needs that little bit of extra grace.

And something equally significant for me, after 8 long years I've finally completed Baldur's Gate 2 - Throne of Bhaal . I've always wanted to finish it, but never did. In retrospect, there are so many things I've started that I've always wanted to finish, but kept jumping off into other projects that I've forgotten about the half-completed ones. Yes, this is me. Totally scatterbrained at times. But I've decided to sit down and finish them one by one, so hopefully by the time Film School starts next year in January I've got them all done and out of the way. But back to SoA/ToB, it's a very good game. Maybe the graphics are a little dated, but the gameplay much more than makes up for that. Too bad that Black Isle was shut down. They are great at RPGs.

I've also finally cooked something for dinner after a long time. Usually it's wifey who does it at the moment. Not that asian cooking is hard. It's dead easy. Chop things up. Boil water. Throw chopped things in boiled water and let it simmer. And Voila! You get something like my fishball soup here. (Yes, fishes *have* balls, otherwise how would I get those round things there? - Go ask the fishes if you don't believe me) It's good for 2 whole days' worth of food.


Fish ball soup! AKA Yuyuan Tang

I'm off soon to check out the local fair they set up around the corner. Hopefully I'll get some nice pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home