Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Countdown Begins

5 more days. That's right. 5 more days before I board my SQ flight back home to Singapore for 3 weeks or so of holiday - actually it's lots of running around to various government offices to deal with paperwork, but I hope not too much running aronud - and 3 weeks of hopefully sunshine. 3 weeks of proper asian food and meeting up with friends.

I can't wait. 5 days. I'm counting them down now with my hand. It feels like ROD time in NS. Except that in NS, one begins his countdown the moment one enters. My friend taped a list of days on his locker and crossed out every day as it passed from the top down. It was his inspiration to survive the 2 and a half years in the army which I could fully understand. We were all part of the army of the unwilling, with a smattering of the blur sotongs (squid for all you non-singaporeans) - that's me, and the too siao-ons who were targets of blanket parties and urine bombs. The guy next to my bunk had tons of urine bombs on him one night since he was too "on" the wrong ball. Too bad he slept next to the window. Good thing I was warned in advance. ^^

But, the main thing is, 5 days to laksa, roti prata, soya bean curd, starbuck's green tea frap - man, I totally miss this one, bak chor mee, oyster omelette, chey tow kuey, char kway teow - no hum, I don't like the cholesterol factor in hum, and the list goes on and on. Despite being to Singapore for 4 times, wifey has already got her list for me to take her to. First stop - Sushi at Taka opposite the taxi stand. Sushi is so cheap back home compared to Europe it's a paradise for sushi lovers. Last year we were camped continually in sushi shops across the island. She also loves, like me, bak chor mee, and hokkien mee. MMMMmmmmmmmm.... Singapore food, you can't live without it.

If Singapore has an export product, it should be food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home