Sunday, September 24, 2006

Runaround Town

Today we were supposed to go for dinner at a place called the egg and chicken. Apparently their specialty are omelettes. Nothing bad, since I love egg based dishes, but I just have to watch out for too much of the yolk. I don't want excess cholesterol in my system if I can help it. So we took a little drive down and found the place without much effort. But horror of horrors! We were told that we would require a reservation, even though it was 6pm - not peak dinner time - and rather rudely as well.

The food might be good, but the attitude gave me an inclination not to bother about that place again in the near future. There's this one thing about germans. The service industry is not their forte - most I've seen are absolutely horrible. There are the exceptions, but well, most are the cold, I'm here to serve and then go home before I get arrow'ed to do some more work. Much like the time I had in the army.

So we took a drive to try out another restaurant which is locaed in a 13th century building. I thought a little history would do me good. Maybe they would have had some dishes done authentically from that time period. One should always try to get a taste of history if possible. When we got there >_< a deja vu of sorts met us. A reservation would have done us no good. The restaurant had gone kaputt. Sigh.

Finally we settled for the local italian down our street which we hadn't been for a long time. The food is good there, especially the pasta, but I think we both wanted a little change, hence the trip to try out new things. I got myself a plate of pasta with swordfish. The pic would have been here but being the hungry starving guy I was, the stomach came first, the camera was not even given a second chance. Next time, I promise, I'll take a proper pic of the dish before I wolf it all down. At least I got a picture of wifey here with her cute hat. ^^

On the film school front, I checked out my application with them, and it seems to have gotten through. The problem that kept it stuck was with the รถ "umlaut". Those signs messed up my application into something wierd. It's like reading chinese without the correct codex. Anyhow, the problem is now solved. Just a few more little technicalities to solve, like acommodation in London, and the visa and I'll be set. In the words of the American Pie series, "Here's to the next step!". Better late than never, I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home