Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Give Money to Feed the Goat. Baaaaaa......

I'm tired today. Like most other days, except that today it's exceptionally so. Now there are various degrees of tiredness. There's the "Oh, I'm tired but I think I can hang on for an hour or so"...... eventually dragging to maybe 4 hours, or half the night. Then there's the "Damn, I'm beat" tiredness after a bout of rigourous exercise. And then there's the "Damn I can't hear another word she's saying about how good these shoes are compared to the other pair. Shoes *are* shoes". Compound that with an aching droning in your brain due to vivid nightmares of strange hooded figures trying to have their wicked way with you and you've got a whopper of a headache and tiredness rolled into one. Of course if strange hooded figures don't work for you, then feel free to replace that with dogs, siamese twins, preserved mutton chops......whatever tickles your fancy.

I wished I brought my camera today as I was showing some business associates around Bonn, but those are the breaks. What was supposed to be a normal sightseeing trip turned out to be a mite interesting. For one, I knew busking and asking for money on the streets were normal here in Europe, but I think I've seen the cutest one ever - just no camera! Darn.

"Donate to feed the Goat". Yups. Someone was soliciting money to feed his goat, which conveniently was baaaing away - do goats baaa? I thought only sheeps baaaaa'ed. Anyhow it was a goat baaaaa....unless my ears deceived me. And a loud baaaa it was too, since I could hear it from a few hundred meters away despite the throngs of passing shoppers. That was one loud goat. For such a needy sign, the goat sure was looking very VERY well fed but who am I to complain? It just was interesting seeing something different. I guess I could buy a cow and ask people to feed her too. Hmmmm now there's a thought.

Good news - I'll have my passport processed before the year ends which is great since we had no idea it would take 4 weeks compared to 1 day in Munich. Yay! I'm cheering away. Now all I need to figure out is still the accom. But since everything has been pretty smooth, I'm not going to fret about this. Yippee!!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home