Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fishing

I remember hearing a saying that goes something like this "He who wants to build a mountain, starts with the first stone", or "He who wants to remove a mountain starts with the first stone". In any case, whether building or removing, the starting is key.

There's no talk of thinking the mountain away, or worrying the mountain away. Just starting to do something, to move the mountain away. Thinking and worrying just keep me static. Doing is at least something. But focussed doing, a concentrated effort where it will be of most benefit is probably best.

I can't dictate the circumstances that surround me or what I'll face in life. I can't control the mountains that suddenly pop up in front of my face and sneer at my inability to do anything.

I don't really believe in saying a little prayer and that the mountain will just disappear. Sure, many people will say just pray and God will take it away. But what if it's there for a purpose, as most things are?

Taking the mountain away sure seems like the easy way out. It's all subjective, of course. Subjective in that everything is relative to how one sees it.

I've started out in church at a young age, and sad to say, where I was messed me up real good on the inside. But I'm past that point of frustration and bitterness right now and I just want to move on. I do believe that God does miracles, it's just that if everything was done with a snap of a finger, sometimes, I guess we learn nothing that'll carry us through later on.

Another memorable quote - give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Maybe this is where I'm learning how to fish. Maybe I should have been taught how to fish earlier on. You know, maybe that's all irrelevant. Now is the only important time that matters, not the past, not the if only's what if's and regrets.

Maybe I should just go check on my line and cast new lines out in the hope of actually having a catch.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home