Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just One More Turn...

Everyone has their weaknesses. From chocolate, to cars, to whatever strikes their fancy. Me? The bane, or one of them, is that game called Civilization IV. Just one more turn is the phrase I often tell myself, even though I should already be in bed sleeping.

It's a non violent game, not like Doom, Half-life or assorted shoot-them-ups, or many of the other games one finds on store shelves nowadays. Yet it holds an attraction of building up one's civilization (hence the title), propagating and defending it from other civs one encounters along the way.

It's caused me sleepless nights sometimes, and frustration in others. But I still play it. And after I'm done, I get curious about historical figures, and go wikipedia them up. Guess it does work in helping me read up my history. :D

What's even more interesting for all the self-professed geeks out there is that zoom into a city on the world map and you hear music of the era that's very well reconstructed. Whether the ancient music is well reconstructed from the original I have no idea, but I find it enjoyable.

Now to just crush the Aztecs before I go to bed.....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home