Thursday, November 15, 2007

Within the Shell

Sometimes when I do something, I do it with an idea, or concept in mind.

The fear is in what others will think of it once I'm completed with it.

But I just realized something. Something that's struck me deep inside and made me think.

A famous phrase was Martin Luther King's "I have a dream".

I think everyone has dreams. At least I know I do.

But once I've gone on this road, I realize, the only way to not be afraid is just to get out there and come out of my shell.

They say there's nothing to fear but fear itself. There's not much meaning in that line except that fear stops me and probably many other people in their tracks.

If I'm brave enough to take the first step, technically I ought to be brave enough to take the other 10000 steps till the end of the race.

Technically never really holds true.

I realize that if I want to stand for something, I have to be brave enough to face whatever criticism may fly my way, deserved or undeserved. Sometimes taking a stand will mean some amount of pain.

But if I'm not brave enough to do that, then I'm really not ready to take on whatever dream I have inside me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home