Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Open Door

When does one know if a door has been opened? I wish I knew. Life is so full of choices to some, and none to others. Maybe the door will only be revealed when I take that first step. Maybe never if I don't.

I guess everyone is afraid of what others might say, but I'll fall back on what I was told. If I like what I made, then I should be happy about it no matter what other people say. I guess we are our own worst critics. I know I sure am about myself. But who knows what might happen, or rather not happen if I don't choose to take that first step out into the world.

A friend of mine has recently fallen ill and has decided on refocus life's priorties. I think I myself, as with many others found it a bit of a shock when it was told to us. I didn't expect it, and probably neither did most of my friends.

Sometimes, I wish I would do that to my life. To refocus and see what's important in life and what's not really that important. Virtuality is not as significant as we often think it is. A veritable list of 0s and 1s are what many of us fight over. All can be gone at a single click of a button.

Maybe the only way to go past the doorway that beckons to us, is to be willing, ready and able to leave the past behind, to make a decision that it will no longer hold us back and down from our dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home